Friday, December 7, 2007

Help a Blonde Sister Out Day







This picture makes me want to cry. Actually, no it doesn't, it just makes me shake my head and try to fight the feeling of hopelessness. Look at these three brown women, as happy as they want to be, livin' the good life, with their blonde, straight hair and colored contacts. I won't even start on Lil' Kim's face, but I'll just hope that someone in her life loves her enough to enroll her in some intense therapy. Remy, as I already discussed, is a lost cause, and as far as Puffy's mom, all I can say is, 'Jesus, take the wheel'.


I know you're probably desensitized by the ridiculousness you see on a daily basis, but stop and really think about what is going on with our people. I mean, you would do a double-take if you saw a white person with a afro wig, brown contacts and collagen lips walking down the street, right? Is this any different?


I happen to be strongly opposed to blonde hair on 99.9% of all black people. Honestly, I'm pretty much offended by it on any black person on whom it doesn't naturally occur, but for fear of offending you, if you happen to have blonde hair, I'm allowing you to think you're in that excused .1%. I mean, I just don't get it. I RARELY see a blonde-haired non-black person who is stunningly beautiful, or really, even good-looking, in my opinion. I can't for the life of me figure out why the three fashion victims above, and everyone else who follows suit, feel any differently. But I guess I've just been unaffected by the European standards of beauty that assault and misguide us on a daily basis . . . and I'm thankful for that.


I've now declared December 7th the official Help a Blonde Sister out day. When you see one, tap her on the shoulder, give her a black power fist, and tell her she's in your prayers.

1 comment:

Ugochi said...

tragic!

Beauty 365
Beauty Every Day