Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Baby Spears


As cynical as I may be, I didn't see this one coming. By now, everyone knows that Britney Spears’ little sister is pregnant. And while I didn’t necessarily expect this, I’m confused as to why people are so shocked. I mean, Britney’s shenanigans didn’t come from nowhere. Lets think about it:

Brit started off in a trailer park. Okay, I don’t know that for sure, but I think she came from something similar, if not an actual park full of trailers. She fooled us all for a little bit, assuming the role of a wholesome little down-home girl, and even was even on the Mickey Mouse club. I don’t think I ever saw her in action on the Mickey Mouse club, since I only got to watch the Disney Channel during those free preview weeks they used to have, which would basically cause brats like myself and my sister to beg our parents to purchase a subscription to the channel. That never worked out well for us, as my Dad would ask us why we were watching TV in the first place, and threaten to cancel the cable. I'm still a little bitter that the DC comes as part of a regular cable package, but I'm trying to get over it.

Anyway, Britney started exhibiting some symptoms of a problematic upbringing right around the “I’m a slave for you” days. What type of wholesome girl writhes on stage with a python slithering over her body? And, sadly enough, we all know what happened next. The break up with Justin, marriage #1, marriage #2, the two kids, the divorce, the drugs, and complete loss of sense. In just a few years, Britney has become a weave-plug visible, drugged-up has-been. Don’t get me wrong, I actually feel really bad for her. Lord knows that if the world knew all the crazy things I do, I’d never get a job/home/restaurant reservation again. But, such is life as a public figure. I always advocate going with the “I’m just a robot, I never talk, just smile” tactic a la Beyonce.

So anyway, Jamie Lynn is 16 years old, and pregnant. Unfortunately, not that rare of an occurrence these days. Her poor mom. She was quoted as saying that her daughter is pregnant with her ‘long-term boyfriend’. Uhhh, 16 year olds don’t have ‘long-term boyfriends’, but if that makes you feel better, then fine. Things should get pretty interesting in about 6 months, when there is yet another Spears’ offspring. Let’s pray that Jamie Lynn can discontinue the dysfunction and raise the next great American superstar. Or at least, not do things like her sister, that will make her kids suicidal once they learn how to use google.

When I told a friend of mine that Jamie Lynn was pregnant, she was like “WHAT?! Her little sister? The one who is supposed to be the next Britney?”. To which I said, “but don’t you see? She already is!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why everyone is so shocked that she is pregnant. Yes, she was seen as the more "wholesome" of the degenerate Spears clan, but who cares??? Another teen is pregnant. Come to Washington Heights. It's as normal as rice and beans. What is more sad than the fact that this girl is pregnant, is that everyone cares so much.